Electrical Draftsperson (Solar PV)
Solgen Energy Group has designed and delivered Australia’s most iconic solar projects for over 10 years. With a national presence and outstanding reputation, Solgen Energy Group is rapidly expanding in an industry with unprecedented growth.
Made up of a well-rounded set of people – including engineers, specialists, salespeople, project managers, and customer relations experts – our function is to design, build and accelerate the power of clean energy for everyone.
Solgen Energy Group sets the standard in renewable energy.
The Electrical Draftsperson will be responsible for completing drafting work including detailed drawings for solar panel layout, electrical wiring and diagrams using AutoCAD. The drafting work will also include some structural elements and civil infrastructure.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Preparation of 2D AutoCAD drawings under the direction of the engineering team;
- Preparation of concept/preliminary design drawings for use in sales proposals and tenders;
- Work closely with other team members to collect and understand the information required to deliver clean and effective drawings;
- Ensure quality assurance procedures are followed;
- Contribute to the development of a standard library of details;
- Uploading and downloading drawings from cloud based storage systems;
- Maintain proper document controls for effective storage and naming of drawings;
Operational / Engineering Support
- Work with the engineering team to develop bills of materials for projects;
- Work with relevant standards to specify components for projects, source pricing from suppliers and ordering of materials.
- Complete utility applications associated with projects.
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this position, you will have:
- Experience in the solar PV industry essential
- Proven experience with mainstream design software and AutoCAD LT
- Advanced knowledge of applicable Australian Standards and State Regulation
- Advanced knowledge and experience of MS Office
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
If you are interested in this opportunity please send your resume and a cover letter outlining how you meet the requirements of this role by applying below.