Project Engineer (Solar PV)
An amazing opportunity for an experienced PV Engineer to join Australia’s leading commercial solar business in delivering high end projects nation-wide!
Solgen Energy Group has designed and delivered Australia’s most iconic solar projects for over 10 years. With a national presence and outstanding reputation, Solgen Energy Group is rapidly expanding in an industry with unprecedented growth.
Made up of a well-rounded set of people – including engineers, salespeople, project managers, and customer relations experts – our function is to design, build and accelerate the deployment of clean energy throughout Australia.
Solgen Energy Group sets the standard in renewable energy.
About the role:
The Project Engineer leads engineering design and technical sign-off for medium to large sized projects to deliver against operational objectives and project deadlines. They produce both concept designs for sales as well as fully detailed designs for construction and procurement. They assist in mentoring junior members of the Engineering team and help to incorporate new innovations and best practice into the Solgen design standards and ways of working.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Delivery of design and materials required for Solar PV and Battery Storage systems to comply with relevant industry and WHS standards and meet deadlines required for project plans;
- Work with the Drafting team to coordinate drawings to be created based on designs to meet deadlines required for project plans;
- Assist the Project Delivery Team to resolve technical issues encountered during installation and adjust designs and drawings accordingly, communicating with PMs, installers and customers as required;
- Maintain dates in NetSuite for scheduled and actual delivery dates for engineering related project steps;
- Conduct project sign-off and safety walks to ensure safe and quality installations as part of the Project Delivery Team;
- Continuously seek to improve operational processes and procedures to improve design accuracy, reduce installation costs and drive product innovation;
- Mentor junior Engineers in best practice design processes, relevant industry standards, and Solgen’s work practices and values.
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and be either Chartered or working towards Chartership with Engineers Australia (or equivalent in other countries);
- 2 or more years in the PV Solar industry, including experience in design and construction of roof mount systems up to 500kW;
- Experience working in cross disciplinary delivery teams, taking the lead engineering role;
- Knowledge and experience with relevant design and engineering software;
- Well developed, detail orientated organisation skills;
- Good interpersonal and written / verbal communication skills;
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- CEC accreditation;
- Electricians Licence;
- Knowledge of the Australian Solar Market;
- Experience working for a major industrial and commercial rooftop solar installation provider;
- Knowledge of the products and brands Solgen uses in its projects (SMA, SolarEdge);
- Knowledge of the software systems Solgen uses to manage its business (NetSuite, Procore, CAD).
If you think this opportunity sounds perfect for you, please apply now with your resume and a cover letter outlining how you meet these requirements.