Senior Sales Engineer (PV Solar)
Solgen Energy is Australia’s first and largest commercial solar and battery energy storage provider. With a national footprint and outstanding reputation, Solgen is at the forefront of Australia’s transition to decentralised energy.
Made up of a well-rounded set of people – including business development managers, engineers, project managers and finance professionals – our mission is to build innovative solutions to a changing energy market that create value now and into the future.
Solgen Energy Group sets the standard in renewable energy.
About the role:
Reporting to the GM of Project Development, you will be responsible for aspects of engineering design, analysis and estimation of project opportunities through the sales pipeline. This encompasses engineering design drawings, line diagrams, detailed construction methodologies, performance analysis and cost estimates.
In this position you will also provide technical internally when required, as well as guide junior engineers in the design and development process.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Carry out concept designs of Solar PV and Storage systems, including engineering drawings, line diagrams, detailed construction methodologies, performance analysis, and cost estimates
- Communicate with the company’s sales team, engineering team and project managers via email, face to face and over the telephone
- Maintain and develop company design, estimation & documentation procedures
- Train and develop junior engineers
- Ensure company products, installation and technical procedures are compliant with the latest Australian Standards, CEC Guidelines and State regulations
- Provide technical input and optimisation into Input tender designs and constructability.
Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years of experience in engineering solar PV systems
- CEC accreditation in PV system design
- A degree in Photovoltaics, Electrical, or other related Engineering fields
- Advanced knowledge of applicable Australian Standards and State Regulation
- Advanced knowledge of the Clean Energy Council Guidelines and Code of Conduct
- Advanced knowledge of DNSP Connection Standards
- Advanced knowledge and experience of MS Office
- Proven experience with Helioscope, PVsyst and other design software essential
- Superior time management and organisational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
If this sounds like you, please submit your Cover letter and CV today.
Learn more about us here.Apply Now